My Photo
Name:
Location: Madison, Wisconsin, United States

My friends are doing it, so why not conform? I will not promise the sort of blog dedication I seem to be seeing from them, however, so don't expect much. Just a way for me to "fit in." No, strike that - a way for me to organize some thoughts. (There, that sounds better...)

Oh, by the way...I just wanted to state that the opinions expressed in these posts are my own. Not my family's, not my friend's, not my workplace's, and certainly not yours. (Well, I should clarify that by saying any similarity to the opinions of the people or groups detailed above is purely coincidental.) Do ya' get it? Don't come down on anyone else for the things I say! (Sheesh!)

20061006

'Haiku'-ic Justice

I asked, "Can I go?",
They told me that I must stay,
Now they'll have no choice.


I asked, "Can I go?":
From:   <Me> 
Sent:  Tuesday, October 3, 2006 2:01 PM
To:    <Section Chief>
Cc:    <Co-worker>
Subject:       Time off

I would like to ask off for October 24th through the 27th.

Thank you,
<Me>

They told me that I must stay:
From:   <Bureau Director, older than Methuselah> 
Sent:  Tuesday, October 3, 2006 2:40 PM
To:    <Me>
Cc:    <Division Administrator>; <Section Chief>
Subject:       RE: Time off request

<Me>:

I am sorry I cannot approve this request in view of the current status of the PC image, and the <project> issues that may impact the desktops. These are two critical projects that can have, and are having, significant ramifications on the agency and enterprise.

If the PC image is approved for agency release and all <project> related issues are resolved before this date I would be inclined to favorably reconsider it if no other critical issues required your support.

Regards,
<Bureau Director>


    ______________________________________________
    From:   <Section Chief> 
    Sent:  Tuesday, October 3, 2006 2:03 PM
    To:    <Bureau Director>
    Cc:    <Me>
    Subject:       FW: Time off request

    <Me> - forwarding to <Bureau Director>

Now they'll have no choice:
From:   <Me> 
Sent:  Wednesday, October 4, 2006 12:26 PM
To:    <Section Chief>; <Bureau Director>
Cc:    <Co-worker>
Subject:       RE: My schedule...

Well, I received my official notice today. I am to report for Federal jury duty next Tuesday, October 10, 2006 at 8:00 AM.

I will let you know more when I know more.

<Me>

    ______________________________________________
    From:   <Me> 
    Sent:  Wednesday, August 23, 2006 4:10 PM
    To:    <Section Chief>
    Cc:    <Co-worker>
    Subject:       My schedule...

    <Section Chief>,

    I neglected to mention this previously, and I have been reminded recently that I am "on call" for federal jury duty beginning next Monday, the 28th, for 3 months, (through November 30th?). I've never had to do this before, so I don't know how this will impact my schedule. I guess we'll see...

    <Me>


Can ya' feel the inner peace? The very next day after they've denied my leave request, I'm able to tell them the Federal government says I'll be going anyway?!?

<Bureau Director>'s response to this?:

"Is it jury duty or do they just want you to receive your sentence? :-)"

(I'm sorry...did he just try to make a "funny?")

I tell you, sometimes it's almost worth getting up in the morning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

« Home