My Photo
Name:
Location: Madison, Wisconsin, United States

My friends are doing it, so why not conform? I will not promise the sort of blog dedication I seem to be seeing from them, however, so don't expect much. Just a way for me to "fit in." No, strike that - a way for me to organize some thoughts. (There, that sounds better...)

Oh, by the way...I just wanted to state that the opinions expressed in these posts are my own. Not my family's, not my friend's, not my workplace's, and certainly not yours. (Well, I should clarify that by saying any similarity to the opinions of the people or groups detailed above is purely coincidental.) Do ya' get it? Don't come down on anyone else for the things I say! (Sheesh!)

20070815

More Time for Blog?

I received an e-mail at work today after requesting an exception to the "standard" work hours that would:
  1. Provide for extended coverage when paired with my co-worker who was requesting a similar, but earlier excaption, and
  2. Account for the fact that I don't typically take a lunch hour, (allowing me to work an 8 hour day, rather than 8.75 hours).
Here's the e-mail:

From:   Bureau Director, still older than Methuselah 
Sent:  Wednesday, August 15, 2007 9:34 AM
To:    Me
Cc:    Section Chief; Division Administrator
Subject:       WORK SCHEDULE: Exception Request

Your request for an exemption from standard work hours has been reviewed, and is not approved at this time. As of September 10 your work hours will be 7:45AM-4:30PM. If you need additional time to comply with this schedule due to personal reasons please contact me to discuss.

We will continue to periodically review work schedules and make adjustments as necessary to meet agency support and customer service objectives.

If the nature of your daily work activity or project assignments requires adjustments to any daily work hours please discuss them with me or your section chief so we can accommodate the work activity on that day.

If you have any further questions or wish to discuss work hours further please contact me.


I have to wonder if this isn't back-lash due to the fact that I haven't complied with his "unofficial dress code" (request) forbidding his staff to wear shorts in the workplace. (FYI: there's almost no way he'd ever get that made "official" as it would never make it through HR and the Union.) At any rate, perhaps this will translate into more time for me to blog, as I am literally forced to take a lunch hour every day. We'll see...

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Kari said...

HE should be happy you cleaned your desk. Or is it unclean again already?

Too bad you can't work the hours of SOME people, who come and go as they please! :o)

8/15/2007 12:38 PM  
Blogger Kari said...

What is an earlier excaption? Is that for the hearing impaired?

8/15/2007 6:31 PM  
Blogger Robguy said...

Since you never get online and chat, I'll settle for some extra bloggage.

8/16/2007 8:31 PM  
Blogger KarTunes said...

Kari: No, it's still pretty clean, relatively speaking. As for the "excaption" typo: why don't you just be quiet and have your baby. :P (Seriously, good luck today!)

Rob: I'm glad that my bloggage will appease you. And if it makes you feel any better, all this extra time will allow me to read blogs as well!

8/20/2007 11:52 AM  

Post a Comment

« Home