My Photo
Name:
Location: Madison, Wisconsin, United States

My friends are doing it, so why not conform? I will not promise the sort of blog dedication I seem to be seeing from them, however, so don't expect much. Just a way for me to "fit in." No, strike that - a way for me to organize some thoughts. (There, that sounds better...)

Oh, by the way...I just wanted to state that the opinions expressed in these posts are my own. Not my family's, not my friend's, not my workplace's, and certainly not yours. (Well, I should clarify that by saying any similarity to the opinions of the people or groups detailed above is purely coincidental.) Do ya' get it? Don't come down on anyone else for the things I say! (Sheesh!)

20060701

Happy "Bidet" To Me

(OK, this is a few days old now, but since I started it on Saturday, I'm going to just save it like I posted it then.)

Yestiddy wuz my birthday. Yay! (...or not...) 'Twas number 37. Just another day, right? "Just another day closer to the grave," as I told my Son jokingly a couple days ago. :P

Thanks to all of you who wished me "Happy Birthday" in one way or another. Thanks to the clerk at PDQ who carded me when we stopped for a quick 12-pack of MGD on the way home from my birthday dinner at Dimitri's Gyros. ("We have to card everyone under 30," he said in response to my, "oh, aren't you kind?") And thanks to the friend(s) that called me last night to sing, "happy birthday to you, you look like a zoo..." (Sorry umod, my sister was on the phone with my dad when you called the home phone and I was opening gifts when you called my cell.)

Ah yes, gifts...

My youngest, AB, got me a pencil, (slightly used), a bouquet of plastic flowers she tied together with some colorful ribbon, and some Maple Nut Goodies, (yum!).

My next youngest, BP, gave me a Marvin the Martian stuffed toy of hers.

My oldest, CM, got me the newest Shinedown CD, Us and Them.

My wife, JL, got me two shirts, a plain pink one, and a black one with Homer Simpson in a Scarface-like pose.


Then, from the whole family, I got a certificate for bowling.

Finally, cards, cash, chocolate (white - mmmm...), and certificates from other sundry relatives.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

« Home