My Photo
Name:
Location: Madison, Wisconsin, United States

My friends are doing it, so why not conform? I will not promise the sort of blog dedication I seem to be seeing from them, however, so don't expect much. Just a way for me to "fit in." No, strike that - a way for me to organize some thoughts. (There, that sounds better...)

Oh, by the way...I just wanted to state that the opinions expressed in these posts are my own. Not my family's, not my friend's, not my workplace's, and certainly not yours. (Well, I should clarify that by saying any similarity to the opinions of the people or groups detailed above is purely coincidental.) Do ya' get it? Don't come down on anyone else for the things I say! (Sheesh!)

20060913

2nd Degree Split Pea Soup

Went to the hospital Monday for BP to undergo another EEG now that we've weaned her completely off meds. I think I've seen evidence of seizures, and she thinks it's a possibility as well, though now that it's been like a year and half since she's had one, she's kinda outta practice and not quite sure. The test was complete after 4 hours. Now we just need to wait a couple weeks until the doctor can look at the results.

So afterward, we went down to the newly remodeled cafeteria to buy some lunch. Wow, is it impressive. Quite large, with a tremendous selection of various foods to buy. So, BP decided, (among other things), that she would get some split pea soup. She grabs the small styrofoam bowl that they have and fills it up like halfway. JL and I tell her, "fill it up... you have to pay for it anyway." So I grab her bowl in my left hand and the ladle in my right and begin the arduous process of maneuvering the ladle around under the sneeze guard. Well, I didn't do it quite right, and managed to pour half a ladle of boiling hot soup on my thumb. (Is there a doctor in the house?) It blistered up, and I kept my thumb in ice the rest of the day and night. JL and I agreed that the design, with the sneeze guard placement, etc., left something to be desired. We also agreed that someone would've sued, (á la McDonald's), but even with the faulty design, how could I really justify getting money for my own stupidity like that? No thanks, I'll take the high road on that one. (That is, unless you think I might win...?)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

« Home