My Photo
Name:
Location: Madison, Wisconsin, United States

My friends are doing it, so why not conform? I will not promise the sort of blog dedication I seem to be seeing from them, however, so don't expect much. Just a way for me to "fit in." No, strike that - a way for me to organize some thoughts. (There, that sounds better...)

Oh, by the way...I just wanted to state that the opinions expressed in these posts are my own. Not my family's, not my friend's, not my workplace's, and certainly not yours. (Well, I should clarify that by saying any similarity to the opinions of the people or groups detailed above is purely coincidental.) Do ya' get it? Don't come down on anyone else for the things I say! (Sheesh!)

20060909

Charter Error du Jour

Since some of the most frequent hits my blogs get are people trying to research various Charter-related error messages, (see this and that), and since Charter just plain sucks, and since I am sitting here waiting for Charter On Demand to let me resume Man On The Moon that I was happily watching until the movie just puked and spat me back out to the freaking menu, I thought I would document tonight's error that has kept me from completing my movie for more than 45 minutes and counting:

    E5030
    System Unavailable. Please try
    again in 5 minutes.

Unfortunately, if you've come here looking for answers, I am afraid I can provide none. Only assurances that you are not alone in your suffering, nor in your belief that Charter sucks. I hope it is of some consolation to you...

UPDATE(s):
  • 20060913 - After 2-3 days of waiting, I finally wound up unplugging the cable box and plugging it back in. After 10-15 minutes or so of waiting for the cable channels, etc., to re-synch, my problem was resolved.

4 Comments:

Blogger Kari said...

I've never seen that movie. The error message, YES. MANY times. But not anymore. It was a major reason we dumped charter. Still getting used to the sattelite, but it's already better.

Now what channel is HGTV again?

9/09/2006 10:25 AM  
Blogger Robguy said...

Man on the Moon? The error message should have been - "Good Lord, Don't you have any taste?!"

9/10/2006 2:48 AM  
Blogger KarTunes said...

Sami - I personally would recommend the movie, if you like Jim Carrey and/or Andy Kaufman. As for your move away from Charter - yes, I await your reaction to the alternative with antici . . . . . pation.

Rob - I learned to stop valuing your opinion a long time ago. :P

9/13/2006 2:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm getting the same error, unplugged everything and plugged it back in... still didn't work... screw charter...

7/07/2009 1:17 AM  

Post a Comment

« Home