My Photo
Name:
Location: Madison, Wisconsin, United States

My friends are doing it, so why not conform? I will not promise the sort of blog dedication I seem to be seeing from them, however, so don't expect much. Just a way for me to "fit in." No, strike that - a way for me to organize some thoughts. (There, that sounds better...)

Oh, by the way...I just wanted to state that the opinions expressed in these posts are my own. Not my family's, not my friend's, not my workplace's, and certainly not yours. (Well, I should clarify that by saying any similarity to the opinions of the people or groups detailed above is purely coincidental.) Do ya' get it? Don't come down on anyone else for the things I say! (Sheesh!)

20060226

The Night's Goings-On

A moment of silence for Mr. Don Knotts... You will be missed.

...

How long is Nick@Nite going to confine itself, (and its late night viewers), to "Cosby Show," "Roseanne," and "Fresh Prince"? I mean sure, I like watching these shows, but I'm ready to move on to something different for a bit. When will they be?

Dealt BJ tonight. Had a good time. Got $30.00 in tips. (Yay!)

Watched Constantine when I got home from dealing. I enjoyed it. It was on Charter On Demand, so it's pretty much a miracle I was able to see it at all! I had big problems on Friday night trying to watch something. I kept getting the old "System unavailable -- Please try again in 5 minutes" message. Called the 800 number to complain, to no avail. Yeah, like I thought their feeble attempts would do any good. Ah, but I digress. Anyway, I liked the movie. (Hey, it's "Slippery Pete" as Lucifer? "Oh, you mean the holes.") In the trivia of the movie, there are some interesting tidbits, including:
  • Keep watching after the end credits for an extra scene. [I already watched to the end, (I always do), and was going to tell you to. How many of you did?], and
  • In the lower right-hand corner of Isabel's toe tag, there's the number 616. Whilst some people interpret the Mark of the Beast to be 666, others interpret it to be 616, hence it's appearance on the toe tag. (I've told some about this "616, number of the beast" theory. Well, not like it's my theory or anything. But it's just interesting to see it referenced in the movie...look it up...)
Why do I keep hearing loud noises from somewhere in, (or outside of), my house? Like someone throwing a rock at the outside wall...

Oh boy, "Roseanne" is on again. It was on when I started this entry, then two back-to-back epis of "Fresh Prince," and now "Roseanne" again?!? What the Hell, man! Doesn't anyone else see the problem here?!?

Alright, it's getting quite late, and I'm rambling. ("R-A-M-B-L-I-N... apostrophe...")

(Oh, have I mentioned I hate Charter?)

3 Comments:

Blogger Kari said...

I hear ya on the Nick At Nite stuff. I hate running into the same episodes in one night. I'd be ok with a few more episodes of "Who's the Boss"!

2/26/2006 9:47 AM  
Blogger Kari said...

Oh yeah...we were also having trouble with On Demand this weekend. When we finally did get a movie going, it stopped halfway through. Its never done that to us before!

2/27/2006 1:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I keep getting a notice that I don't subscribe to that channel on the tv upstairs but not the one downstairs. HDTV is screwed up as often as it works. They've invested a lot into technology that will allow them to cut off your service or change your service remotely at a moments notice but obviously not much into making sure you get decent service.

2/27/2006 3:16 PM  

Post a Comment

« Home