My Photo
Name:
Location: Madison, Wisconsin, United States

My friends are doing it, so why not conform? I will not promise the sort of blog dedication I seem to be seeing from them, however, so don't expect much. Just a way for me to "fit in." No, strike that - a way for me to organize some thoughts. (There, that sounds better...)

Oh, by the way...I just wanted to state that the opinions expressed in these posts are my own. Not my family's, not my friend's, not my workplace's, and certainly not yours. (Well, I should clarify that by saying any similarity to the opinions of the people or groups detailed above is purely coincidental.) Do ya' get it? Don't come down on anyone else for the things I say! (Sheesh!)

20060225

Kids Say The Darnedest Things

JL and I were discussing last night how our youngest, AB, (4 years), almost never kisses on the lips. She'll offer up her cheek or forehead for you to kiss, but doesn't usually reciprocate, unless specifically asked to do so. Then JL asked AB to give her a kiss on the cheek. I thought, "OK she's going to trick her and turn her head at the last moment. This'll be funny." But nope, AB kissed her on the cheek, and that was that. Well, I didn't want to let such an opportunity go by, so I asked AB to give me a kiss on the cheek. She hesitated and giggled, making no move to provide me with the requested kiss. "Alright," I said, realizing that I hadn't shaved in a week or so, "you don't want it to tickle. So how about giving me a kiss here?" pointing higher up, to my bare cheek bone. To this her response was, "No, Daddy, you're too buttery!" Ha ha, laugh while you can, kid. Let's see if you're still laughing in your teens when you realize this complexion is hereditary!

E.V.O.O., anyone?

[Funny...as I sit typing this, I look up at the TV and see an ad (muted) for Olay Regenerist with microdermabrasion. Perhaps it's a sign?]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

« Home