My Photo
Name:
Location: Madison, Wisconsin, United States

My friends are doing it, so why not conform? I will not promise the sort of blog dedication I seem to be seeing from them, however, so don't expect much. Just a way for me to "fit in." No, strike that - a way for me to organize some thoughts. (There, that sounds better...)

Oh, by the way...I just wanted to state that the opinions expressed in these posts are my own. Not my family's, not my friend's, not my workplace's, and certainly not yours. (Well, I should clarify that by saying any similarity to the opinions of the people or groups detailed above is purely coincidental.) Do ya' get it? Don't come down on anyone else for the things I say! (Sheesh!)

20061030

2 Real Good Movies This Weekend...

I rented and watched Click, (6.8/10 stars on IMDb), on Saturday night, with Adam Sandler, Kate Beckinsale and Christopher Walken. Then watched The Lake House, (6.9/10 stars), on Sunday with Keanu Reeves and Sandra Bullock. Both good movies, I felt. I would recommend either.

The Lake House got me thinking about something. I was familiar with the story, and I knew that both Sandra and Keanu had pretty similar roles, at least in terms of importance to the storyline. So I wonder, (I thought to myself as the opening credits rolled), who will get top billing? The answer? Keanu. I don't think I was surprised, but wondered if there wasn't some sexism going on there. I also wonder how similar their salaries were for the movie.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

« Home