My Photo
Name:
Location: Madison, Wisconsin, United States

My friends are doing it, so why not conform? I will not promise the sort of blog dedication I seem to be seeing from them, however, so don't expect much. Just a way for me to "fit in." No, strike that - a way for me to organize some thoughts. (There, that sounds better...)

Oh, by the way...I just wanted to state that the opinions expressed in these posts are my own. Not my family's, not my friend's, not my workplace's, and certainly not yours. (Well, I should clarify that by saying any similarity to the opinions of the people or groups detailed above is purely coincidental.) Do ya' get it? Don't come down on anyone else for the things I say! (Sheesh!)

20061011

Budgie, Can You Spare a Dime?

I was jumping on the trampoline in the backyard this past sunday with AB, my youngest. Haven't done that in a while. It was fun. While we were jumping, I heard a bird chirping nearby. I didn't think anything of it and kept jumping. As it kept chirping I thought to myself, "that sounds awfully close." So I decided to look around for it. Imagine my surprise when I looked up into the branches of a nearby crab-apple tree and saw a bluish Parakeet, (or more correctly Budgerigar), perched within. What made this seem even more remarkable was the fact that my sister had recently moved nearby, and during the move, had lost one of her "Budgies," a blue one. So I called to JL and told her what I was looking at and asked her to get something with which to catch it, (thinking it quite incredibly could have been my sister's). However, when she came back with a ladder and climbed to the top of the 8 foot tall squirrel cage over which I had seen it, she discovered that there were, in fact, two of them, one blue, one yellowish-green.


JL was pretty excited by this. She's always wanted Budgies. However, we had to do the right thing, so we called the local Humane Society. They told us that they had received one report on September 19th from a man on our side of town who had lost two Budgies of the same colors. Long story short: after a trip out, it was decided that they weren't his. We felt pretty bad about it. Then on Monday, JL placed an ad in the online classifieds, but we've yet to hear anything from that.

3 Comments:

Blogger Kari said...

those are very pretty birds. i don't like birds, but they are pretty.

btw, i did not "blow up" my "blogs i like to read" section. I just looked, and it's there....

10/11/2006 2:21 AM  
Blogger KarTunes said...

Very interesting on the "Blogs I Like to Read." Yes, it's back for me now as well. But I swear to you it was gone before. I even re-loaded the page a few times to make sure, and I just wasn't seeing it. Well, Blogger anomaly, I guess. Or perhaps BlogRolling was down for a bit.

What matters is that it's back now...

10/11/2006 3:05 AM  
Blogger Robguy said...

Freaking zoo. I'm looking forward to finding some interesting birds in my backyard soon, but I won't be bringing them inside.

10/11/2006 3:10 PM  

Post a Comment

« Home