My Photo
Name:
Location: Madison, Wisconsin, United States

My friends are doing it, so why not conform? I will not promise the sort of blog dedication I seem to be seeing from them, however, so don't expect much. Just a way for me to "fit in." No, strike that - a way for me to organize some thoughts. (There, that sounds better...)

Oh, by the way...I just wanted to state that the opinions expressed in these posts are my own. Not my family's, not my friend's, not my workplace's, and certainly not yours. (Well, I should clarify that by saying any similarity to the opinions of the people or groups detailed above is purely coincidental.) Do ya' get it? Don't come down on anyone else for the things I say! (Sheesh!)

20070820

Everybody's Working (on) the Weekend...

I began the rather daunting task this weekend of installing the wood laminate flooring that we bought a week or so ago from Menards. We're going to be doing the whole upstairs, with the exception of the kitchen and bathroom, (no stairs either, but arguably that's not the "upstairs" so should be implied). That means three bedrooms, the living room, dining room and the hallway. After most of Saturday and Sunday spent working on it, I've almost completed the master bedroom. I have only the closet to go, (and then installing the trim). I don't know what kind of drugs the people at Bob Vila's Web site were on when they said it should only take about 45 minutes. Perhaps when you've got a whole crew working on the thing, and everything is pre-cut. Well, I am still happy with the results.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Robguy said...

45 mins??? yah, i wonder how big a crew that includes - and the trim work?

You never got to see ours, which we finally got finished a week or so before leaving the country. Glad you're happy - now we need pictures :)

8/20/2007 12:59 PM  

Post a Comment

« Home