My Photo
Name:
Location: Madison, Wisconsin, United States

My friends are doing it, so why not conform? I will not promise the sort of blog dedication I seem to be seeing from them, however, so don't expect much. Just a way for me to "fit in." No, strike that - a way for me to organize some thoughts. (There, that sounds better...)

Oh, by the way...I just wanted to state that the opinions expressed in these posts are my own. Not my family's, not my friend's, not my workplace's, and certainly not yours. (Well, I should clarify that by saying any similarity to the opinions of the people or groups detailed above is purely coincidental.) Do ya' get it? Don't come down on anyone else for the things I say! (Sheesh!)

20061126

Charter 'Franchise Fees' Increase

From the "Important Information" of this month's Charter bill:

Effective on this billing statement, the amount of franchise fees collected is changing. Payment of franchise fees is a requirement of the franchise agreement between Charter and your community. All franchise fees collected are paid directly back to your community.

Well, I'm glad they cleared that up. I guess Charter can just increase "required" fees anytime they want and just justify it with some vague verbiage that no one is ever going to call them on. My "Franchise Fee" went up from $4.28 to $4.34. So what I would like to know is what they're doing now with my extra .06...

yay.

4 Comments:

Blogger KingUnbeliever said...

Ummmm...maybe the extra $.06 went for the extra bandwidth needed for your post? :P

11/27/2006 8:57 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Its funny, last Wednesday, our Charter Video On Demand (VOD) was not responding properly. We kept getting an error telling us to try back in 5 minutes.

On Thursday, Thanks Giving, the VOD wasn't "initializing". I called Charter to see if they could tell me what was going on, and guess what? The SOB's were Closed... ????? Closed?

I got a hold of someone in the Phillipines (there new cost savings initiative to move phone support to the Phillipines so they can afford the increase in Franchies fees. The lady told me to turn off my box (unplug it), then she would send a signal to it, then it should be ok. Well, that made it worse. The GUIDE, displaying each channels listing, now said "TO BE ANNOUNCED". Ok, I could deal with this until it all downloaded to the box again, HOWEVER, that never happened. It has been like that since Friday. UN F**KING BELEIEVEABLE! Now they are sending someone out to the house today to "fix" the problem. This is nothing more than telling us there is a problem, then leaving.

Who runs this company anyway, Barney and Friends? I can't believe they get away with this crap as much as they do. Its unreal.

The Donald

11/27/2006 8:59 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

What, are you going all Broke Back Charter on us now? Charter Lover...

11/27/2006 9:00 AM  
Blogger Robguy said...

Charter SUCKS

1/16/2008 6:27 AM  

Post a Comment

« Home