My Photo
Name:
Location: Madison, Wisconsin, United States

My friends are doing it, so why not conform? I will not promise the sort of blog dedication I seem to be seeing from them, however, so don't expect much. Just a way for me to "fit in." No, strike that - a way for me to organize some thoughts. (There, that sounds better...)

Oh, by the way...I just wanted to state that the opinions expressed in these posts are my own. Not my family's, not my friend's, not my workplace's, and certainly not yours. (Well, I should clarify that by saying any similarity to the opinions of the people or groups detailed above is purely coincidental.) Do ya' get it? Don't come down on anyone else for the things I say! (Sheesh!)

20070820

Get Off the Road...!

(Admittedly, this post is a bit late. It's something I was going to post many weeks ago, but didn't get to. Now with my new found "blog time," I figured I would play a little "catch up." I'm planning on an old post tomorrow as well.)

...My son is driving! He finally took his driver's ed this Summer and now has his "temps." What a milestone! Of his core group of three friends, only two of them rushed to start driving. He and another friend really had no interest, and decided that when one of them did finally take the plunge, that the other one would as well. So this Summer, that friend's parents made him do it, so...

Incidentally, did you know that the "proper" hand placement, "10 and 2" when I started driving, and "9 and 3" when my sister, (15 years my junior), started driving, is now "8 and 4"?!? What the Hell! Try it once. Talk about awkward! I much prefer my own style, thank you: right arm resting on the center "arm rest" at the elbow, left arm draped over the steering wheel at the wrist or below, at 12 o'clock.

Yeah...I am cool...

2 Comments:

Blogger Robguy said...

What are these "oclock" positions that you speak of? Do you have a digital steering unit?

(watch your 6)

8/20/2007 12:42 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Which of the three 6's are you referring to? 666

11/27/2007 2:09 PM  

Post a Comment

« Home