My Photo
Name:
Location: Madison, Wisconsin, United States

My friends are doing it, so why not conform? I will not promise the sort of blog dedication I seem to be seeing from them, however, so don't expect much. Just a way for me to "fit in." No, strike that - a way for me to organize some thoughts. (There, that sounds better...)

Oh, by the way...I just wanted to state that the opinions expressed in these posts are my own. Not my family's, not my friend's, not my workplace's, and certainly not yours. (Well, I should clarify that by saying any similarity to the opinions of the people or groups detailed above is purely coincidental.) Do ya' get it? Don't come down on anyone else for the things I say! (Sheesh!)

20061129

QOTD-20061129

Question of the day, (not quote...) (Don't worry...I'm certainly not going to make this a daily thing...)

Anyway, I was driving in to work this morning and saw a car with a bumper sticker that got me thinking. The bumper sticker said, "School's Open, Drive Carefully." My question is: what does this guy, and others like him, do in the Summer?

I was talking about it to The Donald this morning, and he recounted seeing street signs near schools that cautioned "Slow Children Ahead." He didn't think that was very fair to the kids: some of them could be quite brilliant, he said.

This reminded me of a situation I've seen in the past. There's a small stretch of a highway M, extending from Westport to Middleton. This patch of road is a little winding in spots. Coming up on one of the curves a sign cautioned, "Blind Drive Ahead," to which I thought, "how do they do that?!?" And do I really wanna be anywhere near that when they do? Do they have little seeing-eye dogs running alongside the car with them? Or stick their arm out their open window with the little red and white stick tap-tap-tapping on the pavement lightning fast?

It makes you wonder...

2 Comments:

Blogger Kari said...

you're so funny. and insightful. mostly just funny though.

11/29/2006 9:54 PM  
Blogger Robguy said...

He's something alright...
I really miss not being there to raz him on a regular basis. :(

11/29/2006 10:11 PM  

Post a Comment

« Home