My Photo
Name:
Location: Madison, Wisconsin, United States

My friends are doing it, so why not conform? I will not promise the sort of blog dedication I seem to be seeing from them, however, so don't expect much. Just a way for me to "fit in." No, strike that - a way for me to organize some thoughts. (There, that sounds better...)

Oh, by the way...I just wanted to state that the opinions expressed in these posts are my own. Not my family's, not my friend's, not my workplace's, and certainly not yours. (Well, I should clarify that by saying any similarity to the opinions of the people or groups detailed above is purely coincidental.) Do ya' get it? Don't come down on anyone else for the things I say! (Sheesh!)

20070912

License Plate Impropriety?

I was just wondering, after seeing a car yesterday with a license plate of "ROCK OUT", how does one go about getting such a plate from the DMV? Is no one there familar with the expression "rock out with your..." Well, I'm assuming you know the rest...

Is it OK to have a plate that just insinuates but doesn't say? What's next?

    "FURBUR"?
    "UCKYOU"?
    "KISSMY" or even "KISSMYA"?

How about "TEABAG"?

Then of course there are plates like

    "SUCKIT",
    "EATME", (you could claim it was an "Alice in Wonderland" reference),
    "BLOWME", (perhaps you like meteorology).

I should mention that I heard a story some time ago about a driver whose license plates were taken away from him after he'd received them and put them on his car because he'd snuck one past the DMV. His plates read "3MTA3". Do you see it? If you need help, there's a hint in this Web page at snopes.com.

I'm sure that somewhere, the rules are all documented. I'd be curious what they say, and what I could get away with.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kari said...

my brother tried to get personalized plates that said:
NE1469
but they denied it.

So he got "budman" instead.

9/12/2007 9:37 PM  

Post a Comment

« Home