My Photo
Name:
Location: Madison, Wisconsin, United States

My friends are doing it, so why not conform? I will not promise the sort of blog dedication I seem to be seeing from them, however, so don't expect much. Just a way for me to "fit in." No, strike that - a way for me to organize some thoughts. (There, that sounds better...)

Oh, by the way...I just wanted to state that the opinions expressed in these posts are my own. Not my family's, not my friend's, not my workplace's, and certainly not yours. (Well, I should clarify that by saying any similarity to the opinions of the people or groups detailed above is purely coincidental.) Do ya' get it? Don't come down on anyone else for the things I say! (Sheesh!)

20071127

A Family (Guy) Restaurant?

I saw a commercial this weekend with which I take exception. Well, OK, it's not the commercial as much as the principle of the thing. It was for Subway, and apparently, they know have Peter Griffin, (of Family Guy fame), as a spokesperson. (Spokescartoon?) Anyway, it's inappropriate for a "family restaurant," (yes, they have "kids meals"), such as Subway to be using someone from such an adult-oriented show to sell their wares. Don't get me wrong: I like Family Guy, but would I want my younger kids to watch it? No. You'd never see McDonald's using such a spokesperson, (not that they're perfect either).

Are the pickin's that slim, Subway? Or do you just hope to sell more subs by being a bit "edgy?"

Oh, and by the way, I've never once received a sub in your restaurants that looks anything like the monster sandwiches you show in your commercials. There's no way Jared would have lost that much weight if he was getting that much food every time he ordered one of your subs.

Labels: , ,