My Photo
Name:
Location: Madison, Wisconsin, United States

My friends are doing it, so why not conform? I will not promise the sort of blog dedication I seem to be seeing from them, however, so don't expect much. Just a way for me to "fit in." No, strike that - a way for me to organize some thoughts. (There, that sounds better...)

Oh, by the way...I just wanted to state that the opinions expressed in these posts are my own. Not my family's, not my friend's, not my workplace's, and certainly not yours. (Well, I should clarify that by saying any similarity to the opinions of the people or groups detailed above is purely coincidental.) Do ya' get it? Don't come down on anyone else for the things I say! (Sheesh!)

20060309

What Did He Say?

Why in the world do advertisers go to all the trouble and expense of making a commercial, and then fill it up with so much stuff and nonsense, that you don't even realize what you're watching?!? OK, it may not happen that often, but it does happen. Case in point: tonight, I saw a commercial for RadioShack, (WARNING: possible pop-ups), where a Dad is talking about some deal for cell phones, while his kids, (two teenage-ish boys), wreaked havoc in the studio. When the commercial finally ended, I realized that I had no idea what the Dad had said! I knew it was about the cell phones, (only because he was holding them in his hand the whole time), but if he was talking about some special deal you could get, or the features of the phones, or anything, I had no idea because I had spent the whole commercial paying attention to the trouble the kids were getting into! Maybe it's because I'm a father myself. Maybe it's because I was thinking what a lousy job this Dad was doing of controlling his sons. I don't know exactly why, but I know that I came away from it hoping that RadioShack didn't have to pay too much for that spot. (...and then I realized that I don't really care if they had to pay too much.)

Finally, a new friend's blog tonight: halfAdonut. In honor, I just threw up in my mouth. (Gawd, I really did...I wish I could say I was joking. It was one of those burps that brings with it a whole lot more than you bargained for!)

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Ohhhhh Spring Boob!
Take a TUMS, sit back and relax for a minute. The foul taste in your mouth will subside...

I dislike commercials that are freaky, such as our friend the King. First off, who the heck thought of that, and then the fact that he is a stalker, would-be rapist (in bed with someone), and window peeper. These are all scenarios from their commercials. I guess I am in the wrong business. If it were me, I would have done a whole series of commercials dealing with Whoppers -"Boy, that's a whopper of a ticket!", or "Wow, that is a whopper of a pimple.", or maybe "Jeeeze, those are some real whoppers she has...!" But then again, I suspect the 'industry' would find fault with my idea's...since thiers are so damn good.

The Donald

3/11/2006 12:02 AM  
Blogger Kari said...

I Have tagged you. See my blog and get to it! :o)

3/13/2006 11:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just for you, I rearranged my blog photos so the new aquaman with his shirt off isn't the first thing you see :p

3/17/2006 10:45 PM  

Post a Comment

« Home