My Photo
Name:
Location: Madison, Wisconsin, United States

My friends are doing it, so why not conform? I will not promise the sort of blog dedication I seem to be seeing from them, however, so don't expect much. Just a way for me to "fit in." No, strike that - a way for me to organize some thoughts. (There, that sounds better...)

Oh, by the way...I just wanted to state that the opinions expressed in these posts are my own. Not my family's, not my friend's, not my workplace's, and certainly not yours. (Well, I should clarify that by saying any similarity to the opinions of the people or groups detailed above is purely coincidental.) Do ya' get it? Don't come down on anyone else for the things I say! (Sheesh!)

20060501

Pinot Vino

Wine. Specifically, a nice red Pinot Noir. It's quite elegant; quite sophisticated, isn't it? But, what a difference a glass makes. That's what I think as I sit here driking my Pinot. I got tired of refilling my glass so now I'm drinking it straight from the bottle. Aren't I refined?

Yeah? Screw you. :P

I will say that it seems much easier to get a small "sip" from a large red wine glass than it is from the small mouth of a bottle. Ah well, who wants to just sip it anyway?

4 Comments:

Blogger Kari said...

YOU? Drinking WINE? Is that all there was available or what? I do like the "straight from the bottle" vision though! You ARE the picture of sophistication! Even if the high-tech gadgets you carry around don't actually work!!!

5/01/2006 4:03 AM  
Blogger Mandiejolander said...

Are you saying that YOU were drinking wine? I didn't see you as a "wine sipper"... maybe a "whiner", or at the very least a "wine guzzler". Straight from the bottle sounds about right. :P

5/01/2006 9:16 AM  
Blogger Robguy said...

Most of the wine I serve, is served by fork or spoon. I cook with it more than drink it. Generally I prefer white wines, like a dry Riesling or Wollersheim's Prairie Fume, but on occasion I'll go for a White Merlot (which is red).

Red wines seem so much more likely to leave you with a horrible headache the next morning.

5/01/2006 1:08 PM  
Blogger Kari said...

rob, you are right. red is BAD. but I'll still drink it if someone brings it!

5/01/2006 10:07 PM  

Post a Comment

« Home