My Photo
Name:
Location: Madison, Wisconsin, United States

My friends are doing it, so why not conform? I will not promise the sort of blog dedication I seem to be seeing from them, however, so don't expect much. Just a way for me to "fit in." No, strike that - a way for me to organize some thoughts. (There, that sounds better...)

Oh, by the way...I just wanted to state that the opinions expressed in these posts are my own. Not my family's, not my friend's, not my workplace's, and certainly not yours. (Well, I should clarify that by saying any similarity to the opinions of the people or groups detailed above is purely coincidental.) Do ya' get it? Don't come down on anyone else for the things I say! (Sheesh!)

20060408

Long Live The King

YESSS!!! He's back!

I saw another Burger King commercial with the King tonight! For this one, the tables were turned, and it was the King that woke up to find a quiet stranger in his bed...and around his bedroom. He shared a french toast sandwich with the construction worker sharing the bed with him, and then they all took part in a pillow fight on the King's bed.

Ah, details, details, details. That's not really the point. The point is that he's back! I've discussed the King with others, and no one seems to share my appreciation for the King and his commercials. They say he's "freaky." (Of course he is, they even admitted that in the Super Bowl commercial.) But that's the whole point. He should be freaky. Heck, he is. Yet that doesn't seem to phase the people into whose lives he pops. Not a bit! Oh well, I think you either love him, or you hate him. Well, perhaps it's not hate, so much as fear. Yes, you fear him, don't you? Does he come to you in your nightmares? Does he haunt you in your waking hours? Well, grow up! Get over it! ;)

So come on now. The ball's in your court, my friends. Bring on your comments, and your implied admissions of fear. You know you want to...

(...yay, I'm so glad he's back...)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't think it's fear or loathing. In fact I think your fascination with the Stalker King says more about you. What about a masked man peering into someones window or waking up in bed with someone appeals to you? Do you want to be that masked man or do you want him stalking you? And what is this about the Stalker King wanting to slip you something "meatnormous" in the morning?

4/09/2006 4:31 PM  

Post a Comment

« Home