My Photo
Name:
Location: Madison, Wisconsin, United States

My friends are doing it, so why not conform? I will not promise the sort of blog dedication I seem to be seeing from them, however, so don't expect much. Just a way for me to "fit in." No, strike that - a way for me to organize some thoughts. (There, that sounds better...)

Oh, by the way...I just wanted to state that the opinions expressed in these posts are my own. Not my family's, not my friend's, not my workplace's, and certainly not yours. (Well, I should clarify that by saying any similarity to the opinions of the people or groups detailed above is purely coincidental.) Do ya' get it? Don't come down on anyone else for the things I say! (Sheesh!)

20060411

"...Boundaries Are That of the Imagination"

Sunday night I was watching The Twilight Zone on Sci-Fi Network. During a commercial I switched to Game Show Network and watched a little bit of Street Smarts. After a minute or two I switched back to Sci-Fi Network to find that there was a commercial on for a CD of religious music. I switched back to Street Smarts in time to see the host ask the players which one of the two people on the street, a man and a woman, would respond incorrectly to the question, "what does an ophthalmologist look at?" Both players in the studio, also a man and a woman, felt that the woman on the street would answer incorrectly. However, when the host showed them the video clip, the woman had correctly answered "eyes". The man, on the other hand, had incorrectly answered "the heart." I then switched back to Sci-Fi Network to find that the commercial for the Time-Life CD was ending and the order information was displayed on the screen. Imagine my surprise to find out that the name of the CD was "Open the Eyes of My Heart".

Weird, huh?

3 Comments:

Blogger Kari said...

yes, you are. oh, that's not what you meant?

4/11/2006 9:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, those evangelicals really need physiology lessons.

4/11/2006 12:49 PM  
Blogger elaine x said...

rock on to you!!!! .... for actually connecting two things in your life ... you do realize, don't you, that places you way above average in the 'paying attention' department of life! great job, keep it up!!!!
peace & harmony,
elaine
'freedom must be exercised to stay in shape!'

4/25/2006 11:59 PM  

Post a Comment

« Home